We welcome and value your contribution and look forward to working with you. Having the community voice in research ensures that what we do is informed by what’s important to the community, is useful and used.
Aim and commitment
CONNECT will provide a range of opportunities for our community to make a meaningful contribution to our research. It will provide mutual benefits to both community members and Telethon Kids Institute.
The Member Agreement outlines our commitment to supporting you to engage with Telethon Kids Institute and your commitment to us.
It’s our chance to strengthen our connection with the WA community, and to acknowledge and thank everyone who contributes to our work - through giving their time, skills and experiences.
At Telethon Kids Institute, we commit to:
- Matching your skills, knowledge and lived experience with opportunities to contribute to our research
- Celebrating successes and acknowledging your contributions
- Providing opportunities for you to connect with like minded people at events and activities
- Supporting you to be prepared and, if required, trained to take part in activities
- Storing the information you share with us securely. (Your information will be stored on a secure database and only authorised Telethon Kids Institute staff will have access.)
As a CONNECT member, you commit to:
- Sharing ideas, views and experiences
- Upholding the reputation of Telethon Kids Institute
- Being respectful, courteous and acknowledge that everyone’s ideas are valid
- Attending meetings where required and prepare appropriately
- Taking reasonable care of our health and safety and that of others who may be affected by our actions
CONNECT membership is for an initial term of up to 2 years which may be extended upon application.
Telethon Kids Institute has a Confidentiality Policy. Each CONNECT member will need to read and agree to this policy before engaging in any of the Institute’s activities.
The details you provide below will help us tailor the information we send you.