Study Eligibility Criteria
- English is the main language spoken in the home
- Located in Adelaide, South Australia; Bunbury, Western Australia; or Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Mother’s highest level of completed education is either: completed Year 12 or less OR completed a university undergraduate degree or above
- No multiple births (e.g. twins)
- Child born at 37+ weeks gestation
- Child does not have a diagnosed cause of language impairment (e.g. hearing impairment, identified developmental disorder)
Cohort A (started in 2017):
We have reached the required number of families for this cohort.
Cohort B (started in 2018):
Child born between 1st of July 2015 – 30th of April 2016 for families in South Australia. For families in Western Australia and Queensland the child needs to be born between 1st of July 2015 – 30th of June 2016. Recruitment for this cohort is still ongoing.